- Position Type: Non-MLS
- Library Type: Public
- Salary: $16.50/hour
- Hours per week: 30
Summary of Responsibilities
The Outreach Coordinator plans, coordinates, and oversees programming and outreach services within the Library and in the community. The Outreach Coordinator operationalizes the Strategic and Outcome-based Program Plan established by the Board of Trustees and Library Director which includes target audiences and areas for growth and development.
This position reports to the Library Director and is currently scheduled for 30 hours/week.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working with diverse communities including children, families, and adults;
- Have strong oral presentation and writing skills;
- Have experience creating engaging displays and professional online and print materials;
- Possess sound judgment, initiative, tact, courtesy, attention to detail, and the ability to act as a team with other library staff and volunteers;
- Have experience working with current software;
- Be an active listener;
- Be organized and able to adhere to publishing and reporting timelines;
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience; and
- Be able to work evenings and Saturdays.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement a community and business outreach plan to reach diverse populations, including activities and services provided by the Library.
- Coordinate homebound delivery program with other library staff.
- Organize, attend, and present at business, community, and neighborhood group meetings regarding the programs and their impacts.
- Develop public education and information materials, special theme presentations, print displays and handouts, including contributing to newsletters, media/new media outreach, and website content.
- Collaborate with local partners, organizations, and agencies.
- Oversee school outreach programs.
- Oversee and implement public events, meetings, open house information sessions, etc.
- Organize and participate in community outreach activities to educate the broader community about the Library, our activities, and projects.
- Oversee the maintenance of a community database of interested parties and issues.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Amy Stone, Library Director
Bridgton Public Library
1 Church Street
Bridgton, Maine, 04009
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are accepting applications through 3/31/2021.