- Library: Bridgton Public Library, 1 Church Street, Bridgton, Maine 04009
- Town: Bridgton
- Library Type: Public
- Position Type: Non-MLS
- Deadline: January 15, 2021 or until filled
- To apply: please send resume and cover letter to the above mailing address or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for staffing Circulation Desks, both Main and Youth Services. The primary responsibility of this position is assisting library patrons in locating materials and checking items in and out. Some flexibility in schedule is needed, including availability to work additional hours. Excellent customer service skills are required. This position is between 20-25 hours/week depending on availability. This position reports to the Library Director.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Library skills sufficient to accomplish the specific duties and responsibilities included below;
- Computer skills sufficient to perform Circulation duties
- Excellent public service skills
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks items in and out to patrons using an automated circulation system.
- Answers telephone.
- Issues new library patron cards and provides borrowing and circulation policy brochure.
- Renews patron accounts as required, confirming address and phone number.
- Accepts purchase suggestions and interlibrary loan requests from patrons.
- Shelves returned materials.
- Shelf reads and keeps the materials in good order.
- Assists in collection maintenance as requested by the Library Director, according to Bridgton Public Library Collection Maintenance Guidelines.
- Assists library patrons in finding information or refers patrons to other library reference staff.
- Assists patrons in locating print reference materials in our collection.
- Assists patrons with faxing, scanning, copying, and printing.
- Other duties as assigned by Library Director
Salary: $12.50-$14.00 based on experience