We are hiring! We have an open position for a Library Clerk. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or provide a copy to Bridgton Public Library, 1 Church Street, Bridgton, Maine, 04009 by Tuesday, November 21st. This is a 20 hour a week position that starts at $17.00/hour.
Summary of Responsibilities
This position is responsible for staffing Circulation Desks, Main or Youth Services. The primary responsibility of this position is assisting library patrons in locating materials and in checking items in and out. Some flexibility in schedule is needed, including availability to work additional hours. Excellent customer service skills are required. This position is up to 20 hours/week. This position reports to the Library Director.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Library skills sufficient to accomplish the specific duties and responsibilities included below
- Computer skills sufficient to perform Circulation duties
- Excellent public service skills
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks items in and out to patrons using automated circulation system.
- Answers telephone
- Issues new library patron cards and provides borrowing and circulation policy brochure.
- Renews patron accounts as required, confirming address and phone number.
- Accepts purchase suggestions and interlibrary loan requests.
- Shelves returned materials.
- Shelf reads and keeps the materials in good order
- Assists in collection maintenance as requested by the Library Director, according to Bridgton Public Library Collection Maintenance Guidelines.
- Assists library patrons in finding information or refers patrons to other library reference staff.
- Assists patrons in locating print reference materials in our collection.
- Other duties as assigned by Library Director